Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the last Project Tasteless challenge. I am seriously saddened by this. At the same time we are making bangover breakfast. In order to make a bangover breakfast you must have gotten stuffed the previous night. Nothing says love like all night sex and delicious homemade breakfast in the morning. With the abundance of cheese, bacon and potatoes left over from last night I figured I would make a frittata. Crumble some bacon, cut some potatoes and look like Martha fucking Stewart. It only seems appropriate that your date should know something about you other than the way you like to get it in.
“Thank You For Coming Frittata”
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1lb bacon
- 1/2 cup cooked asparagus
- 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms
- 2 potatoes, baked and cubed
1. Cut up the potato and the asparagus and evenly layer in a glass 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish. Cut the bacon into small pieces and begin to brown. In a separate pan fry mushrooms until there is little liquid left.
2. Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl, being careful to avoid shell and any blood spots (totally disgusting but I ran into an awful one)
3. Mix in your milk and whisk until well blended.
4. Once bacon is browned, pat down the bacon to get rid of any extra grease. Spread the bacon and cooked mushrooms over the potato mixture.
6. Pour egg and milk mixture over the frittata ingredients in the baking dish. Shake the pan gently from side to side to get even egg distribution.
7. Add remaining cheese to top of frittata, and bake for 25-35 minutes. The frittata should be set up and have the consistency of a scrambled egg.
8. Take the frittata out of the oven and allow to firm up and cool on the counter for about 5 minutes. Get ready to dig into this bad boy, It is sure to please.