Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season. I loved having time off to spend at home and rest after last semester. A new year always brings about new goals and this year I have a couple. Resolutions can seem cliche but they really help to keep me focused. I picked a few specific goals and a few broader ones. I am really excited to see what this year has in store!
- Run a half marathon (Entry fee paid for for the Edmonton Derby Half on August 18th).
- Lose weight (My goal for the year is 100 lbs. I want to be consistent and try and focus on the big picture)
- Be mindful of my spending habits (I am continuing to pay off debt and try to build my savings account. I am going to continue to limit impulse spending)
- I am going to try and find the positive in situations. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when things get stressful but hopefully keeping focused on the positive will help.
- I want to maintain a plant based diet. My body feels better when I fill it with fresh produce and healthy grains. I know that I feel groggy and weighed down when I eat to much meat and dairy so I’m going to focus on plants and help my body feel great! [EDIT - I have thought this one out a bit more and have decided that I want to achieve an 80/20 plant based diets. Limiting my meat intake will be a huge step in helping to achieve my healthier body]
- Relationships – 2012 was an up and down year for me romantically. One big relationship ended and then I ended up going on a lot of fun dates. Going into 2013 I want to have a better relationship with myself and let whatever happens romantically just happen. I won’t waste any time on men I know aren’t compatible with me or willing to commit.
- I want to read a book a month. With school I tend to avoid reading because I do so much mandatory reading. I miss enjoying a good book so I want to try and read one book a month for fun.
Do you make resolutions for the new year?