February flew by! Time certainly has escaped me but with February being done we are closer to summer. I can’t wait to pull my flip flops out of my closet. My goals for last month went reasonably well.
- Get over my fear of lipstick -I wanted to wear 4 colours this month and I ended up wearing 3. A light pink, a plum colour and a shimmery coral. One day I will wear the fire engine red. Overall I am happy for trying something new.
- Positive self talk - Finding something I love about my body has been fun. I missed a couple of days but overall my self talk has been uplifting. It is easier to treat your body right when you think you deserve to be treated right.
- Go on long meaningless walks - I loved this goal. I ended up walking a lot. Walking around was a great way for me to reduce stress around exam time. Even if it was only 30 minutes it helped to clear my mind.
- Go out for dinner and have whatever I want - This is the one goal I utterly failed at. I simply just did not go out for dinner, after I created these goals. I will have to save it for March!
Having goals that aren’t soley food focused helps to remind me that there is more to life. Sometimes its all to easy to get caught up in the weight loss game. I am still focused on healthy eating and exercise but I also have a few other things I want to achieve.
For March the goals are as such:
- Buy a goal bathing suit for Cuba – Cuba is coming up in December and I want a super cute bathing suit to wear while I am there. I don’t want to buy a ridiculously small suit, but something a few sizes smaller will help give me plenty of motivation to keep on track!
- Stop late night snacking - I know this is going to be a hard one, but even if I can cut back on late night snacking it will help to improve my diet. When I work I am usually not done until 8pm so by the time I get home and make dinner it is almost 10pm. I don’t want to snack after I eat dinner.
- Study more - I always leave studying for big tests until the last week. I want to get a head start on studying for my big tests and feel confident going in to write them.